Starting my keto diet was like being on a roller coaster – some days good and others not. But now that I am fully keto-adapted, I love my new lifestyle. Not only is my body stronger and healthier, but I am able to do things that I could never have dreamed of before.
It’s not all sunshine and roses though, a full keto diet does have a downside too. I found out that I had a vitamin B12 deficiency when I went for a regular medical checkup.
Because I had cut right back on dairy and starches such as bread and pasta, because of their carb count, I wasn’t getting enough B12 in my daily diet. I had to do a check on the foods I was eating and learned that by cutting out a lot of fruits and vegetables, you are also cutting out a lot of vitamins and minerals.
That meant that it was easy for deficiencies to creep in. It was something that I had not even considered – after all, I was feeling great. I realized that I needed to supplement the nutrients lacking.
And I wasn’t just going to settle for any old supplement. I did a lot of research before narrowing it down to a shortlist of three potential supplements. The Ketolabs Core Basics Diet Supplement was shortlisted.
Ketolabs Core Basics
No matter how keto-adapted you are, it can still be difficult to stay completely healthy. The nature of the diet means that you are not getting all the nutrients your body needs through diet alone. You do need to choose a multivitamin to power-up your keto diet. And, with all the options out there, choosing the right one is confusing.
Ketolabs Core Basics provides you with a well-balanced mix of vitamins and minerals to perfectly complement your new lifestyle and help you achieve optimum health. It is not designed to help you lose weight but will help you feel healthier and more vital.
What is Ketolabs Core Basics?
Core Basics is a daily multivitamin and mineral supplement. It is meant to help you sustain low-carb diets, including keto and Atkin's diets. The Core Basics is formulated to address the nutrient deficiencies that can result from following most low-carb diets. Furthermore, it has added vitamins and minerals to keep the body in tip-top shape.
Does Ketolabs also Have Keto Supplements?
Yes. Ketolabs has multiple supplements that support low-carb diets. It has different versions like the Omega 3, Probiotics, KetoCore, KetoGo, and Vitamin D3. The Core Basics is the complete multivitamins-minerals supplement to help sustain an active and healthy keto diet.
If you look at the names of the different supplements, you get an idea what they are for. The KetoCore is an energy booster that also supplies electrolytes for high performance. It is a perfect dietary supplement containing probiotics and Vitamin D.
KetoGo, on the other hand, contains calcium, sodium beta-hydroxybutyric acid and MCT Oil in the form of coconut oil powder. It is a direct exogenous ketone that helps the body reach ketosis much faster and more efficiently.
What's in Core Basics?
Blueberry, cranberry, strawberry, raspberry, pomegranate, bilberry, acai, chokeberry, apple, black cherry, tomato, black currant, mango, pineapple, bing cherry, elderberry, goji berry, grapefruit, mangosteen, tart cherry, papaya
Broccoli, celery, artichoke, spinach
Cinnamon, turmeric, ginger
Alfalfa, wheat grass, green tea, milk thistle, Siberian ginseng, ashitaba
Grape seed, apple pectin, grape skin, barley, chlorella, spirulina, chlorophyllin, dandelion
As you can see there is no shortage of extracts from healthy fruits, vegetables, and superfoods. The formulation also includes helpful herbal extracts to boost health and help to speed toxins out of the system. These ingredients are rich in antioxidants, Vitamins A, B, C, D, E, and K. Core Basics also contains massive amounts of Niacin, Folic Acid, Biotin, and Pantothenic Acid.
In addition to the vitamins and minerals, the formulation also contains Lactus Acidophilus and Digestive Enzyme Complex.
What Benefits Can I Get From These Ingredients?
There are a ton of benefits to gain by taking Core Basics. Let's talk about the general benefits:
- Faster Metabolism: With a potent combination of Vitamin B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B5 (pantothenic acid), B7 (biotin), B9 (folic acid), and cobalamin (B12), there is a noticeable increase in metabolism. B Vitamins have been linked to an improved metabolic rate and are essential when it comes to losing weight. Core basics helps the body adjust better to different types of diets, especially a keto diet, by providing nutrient support.
- Healthy GI Tract: Probiotics ease digestion and promote healthy bowel movements.
- Increased Insulin Sensitivity: Insulin is a hormone that helps the body deal with excess levels of blood sugar. With a high-carb diet the insulin has to work overtime to normalize blood sugar levels and this can lead to insulin resistance. Insulin resistance can make it hard to lose weight and lead to diabetes. Core Basics helps to improve the body's sensitivity to insulin and so help to reverse the effects of insulin resistance.
- Liver Fat Reduction: Our livers do have some fat in them naturally. It is when this fat builds up too much that problems arise. A fatty liver is a serious health risk. Core Basics prevents fat from building up in the liver and also helps the body reduce the excess fat in and around the liver. A fatty liver is very common problem with high-carb diets, and doesn't present with any symptoms until it is far advanced. It's so common that about 10-20% Americans have it. As it progresses, it can severely limit or halt your liver function and result in you needing a liver transplant.
- Brain Function and Protection: The brain feeds on sugar. And since the keto diet uses ketones to feed the brain instead, Core Basics helps to supply energy and power to the brain. The brain is also protected from neuro-degenerative diseases in the long run because of the naturally sourced vitamin and mineral sources in Core Basics.
- Stronger Immune System: With abundant vitamins and minerals and powerful antioxidants, Core Basics supports and boosts your immune system, increasing your resistance to disease.
- Look young and feel young: Antioxidants don't just boost our immunity they also help to prevent oxidation from happening inside our body. Oxidation accelerates the aging process but can be combated if we have a good source of antioxidants. Your body won't just perform better but look better too.
- Musculoskeletal Support. Keto diet often come with a rigorous workout to maintain good results and health. If you are not getting the right supply of nutrients, however, things can go wrong. A good diet and exercise plan does promote good health, but without the proper nutrients, our bodies start to access the nutrients they need wherever they can find them. Rigorous exercise without the proper nutritional support could lead to the loss of muscle and bone mass.
- Better Blood Circulation and Blood Sugar and Pressure Regulation. You cab expect a low sugar count with a low-carb diet. Core Basics helps to regulate your blood sugar and also improves blood flow. This is important in combating high blood pressure and in preventing cardiovascular disease.
- High Performance and Energy Output. A keto supplement should provide something that will energize the body. The great thing about Core basics is that it provides nutrients naturally without the use of artificial stimulants. So, you get the best out of natural ingredients without having to depend on synthetically produced vitamins and minerals.
- No keto flu symptoms. One of the best aspects about Core Basics is that it prevents those dreaded keto-flu symptoms. And it is highly effective at doing that too.
The Science Behind Core Basics
One thing that makes Core Basics such an effective multivitamin and mineral supplement is the fact that it comes with probiotics and digestive enzymes. These are very important when it comes to digestion and the absorption of nutrients.
There is a micro-flora system within your gut that consists of both beneficial and harmful bacteria. The beneficial bacteria make it possible for you to absorb the nutrients from your food.
If the beneficial bacteria have the upper hand in your GI tract, all is well. If they are overwhelmed but the harmful bacteria, however, your body is less able to absorb the nutrients that it needs.
Core Basics contains Lactobacillus Acidophilus bacteria – a bacteria that is beneficial for digestive health. It also contains digestive enzymes to ensure that your food is digested efficiently.
The digestive enzymes include:
- Betaine HCL: To help the stomach produce Hydrochloric Acid.
- Papain: To help break down tough protein fibers.
- Bromelain: To reduce inflammation.
- Cellulase: To break down nutrients for the body to use to produce energy.
- Trypsin: To aid the absorption of protein.
- Lipase: To boost immune function.
- Amylase: To promote the digestion of starches.
Together these help the body easily absorb all the other nutrients in Core Basics and this makes it one of the most bioavailable supplements on the market.
Does Core Basics have any side-effects?
And to positively answer that question, No! None that I know of and none that I have found in my research. This supplement is amazing. (And you know I am not someone to say that lightly - if there was a problem with it, I would have told you about it.)
The natural sources are all proven to be non-GMO, and it does not contain the additives and synthetic stimulants that most multivitamin supplements do. It also hasn't got any allergens or any nutrients derived from allergens like eggs, milk, gluten, shellfish, corn, peanut, and soy.
If there are any other side effects, then those would be rare. It is unrealistic to expect that no one would ever have side effects but I haven't come across anyone that has yet.
How to take Core Basics
You can take up to a maximum of 3 capsules in one day. It is better to take them at different times of the day, preferably after eating. I only need to take two capsules a day because that provides me with the nutrients that I need in sufficient quantities.
You could start off with taking 3 a day to start off with and reduce to 2 capsules a day later if you like. Just check the nutrient label first. You will need to do a little bit of a calculation because the nutrient count is for three capsules.
Just take the totals and divide by three to figure out what each capsule contains and how many you personally need to take.
Core Basics cannot be classified as the perfect keto supplement since it does not directly support in ketosis, but it is the perfect companion to any ketogenic diet.
It has a ton of vitamins, minerals, and other healthy nutrients and I am glad I came across it. It is the best multivitamin and mineral supplement on the market and the best at promoting high digestion and the absorption of all the nutrients it contains.
Overall, an enjoyable multivitamin and mineral supplement that I use every day and that I am happy to recommend to anyone.
What I Like
- All-natural vitamin and mineral sources
- Powerful Antioxidants
- Increased Metabolic Rate
- Improved Digestion and Bowel Movement
- Liver Fat Reduction
- Capsules are Not Too Big to Swallow